I love making stuff.
I care a lot about great experiences and the teams that make them. I believe great experiences can take a lot of different shapes and forms.
I am a pretty curious person, so I tend to tinker in order to keep that curiosity satisfied. Some of the things I tinker on even ship!
- TYPESTROID — a typing game about dodging asteroids.
- Vinny's Snack Shack — a match three game about an intergalatic buffet.
- monthofthemonth.club — a monthly subscription service for hand-selected calendar months. Now defunct.
- Language, or tech startup? — a tiny "this or that?" game poking fun at the names of tech startups.
- Shuttle Hop — an infinite runner game I made mostly so I could use some cool space icons I found.
- Perfidia Pass — when I was a kid I spent an entire summer on RPG Maker; when it came out on the Mac I needed to build something with it. This is what I ended up with (and thanks to Steam's game-time tracking, I am uncomfortably aware of how long I spent on it).
- Spacefight — My first "semi-serious" game project. I wanted to avoid having to build an AI by instead building split screen multiplayer shooting (it turned out that was harder, so the game has both).
- Beathound — sends you emails about new music releases from artists in your iTunes library, to help you stay on top of new music.
I write infrequently about non-digital projects at projects.lukehutscal.com, and keep a more games-focused website at lukehut.com.